Friends are people who believe excellent library services are important to everyone and add to the quality of life in their community. The Friends of the Conway Public Library formed in 1998 to assist with the planning and financing of the 100th Anniversary Celebration in 2001 and consequently to assist with funding the library addition.
As a nonprofit support group, the Friends work with the library staff and the Board of Trustees to promote the goals and objectives, as well as the full range of services and resources, offered by the Conway Public Library. We share a common goal of preserving and protecting intellectual freedom.
Join others in our community who are committed to making the Conway Public Library one of the best libraries around!
Just what exactly is the role of the Friends?
- We help support and promote the growth and development of the library.
- We raise funds for books & materials as well as other projects.
- We plan and staff the Friends annual books sale and oversee the year round Book Nook Sale.
- We sponsor special library programs such as concerts, author events, & lectures.
- We sponsor children's events, including funding the summer reading program, to encourage a positive association with learning and the library.
- We lobby public officials on behalf of the library
- We sell items of related interest to library patrons, including books of local interest, calendars, and a variety of logo-items. We raffle items, too!
How do I become a Friend?
Becoming a Friend is easy! Just fill out the membership form and return or mail with annual dues to the Conway Public Library.
Membership dues are for one year beginning January 1 through December 31. Dues may be donated at any time of year and are tax-deductible.
Annual dues are based on the following Membership Levels:
- Student /Senior Level - $10.00
- Individual - $20.00
- Family - $30.00
- Supporting - $50.0
- Benefactor - $100.00
Mail completed membership form and dues to:
Friends of the Conway Public Library Membership
c/o Conway Public Library
15 Greenwood Avenue
Conway, NH 03818